This month’s newsletter is packed with suggestions about resources that will help you take an important next step with your Rainmaker website.
We’ll begin with a quick note about an improvement coming to the Platform that you won’t see, but you’ll definitely experience benefits from the change.
Coming soon: Increased efficiency and turnaround for bug fixes, updates, and new features
While working on current bug fixes, updates, and new feature development, our dev team has concurrently been improving its processes. This investment of time has perhaps slowed down new feature development a tad in the meantime, but the net gain for the future will be massive.
So while this may not seem like the most exciting update, it will have a huge positive impact on the future of the Rainmaker Platform.
Let me give you a direct quote from Nick Croft, one of our lead developers at Rainmaker Digital, because he explains the impact of this process improvement better than I could:
When this is finished we’ll be so much more proactive in development. We can focus on a specific feature for new milestones, and that will speed up new features while making those features better and more complete.
Even better, we’ll be able to address reported bugs more rapidly. Once the process change is totally complete, we’ll be able to address a new bug report in less than a week. These changes are also going to make new features more regular.
I’m not sure the best way to tell that story to the users but I think it’s an important thing to be able to tell them.”
Well there we go, Nick. You just did.
Rainmaker Site Building Roadmap: Replays
The Rainmaker Site Building Roadmap kicked off this month, and I’m really excited about how the first two events went:
- Tips for Setting Up Your Basic Rainmaker Site Settings
- Q&A on Rainmaker’s Basic Settings with me and Chris Garrett
If you missed either or both of the first two live events, have no fear.
We’ve set up a course at rainmakerplatform.com (using Rainmaker’s Learning Management System, of course) where all of the replays will be posted.
Visit the course and view the replays of the two webinars listed above right here: The Rainmaker Site Building Roadmap
In addition to the video replay, the lesson pages also include:
- A time-stamped list of topics discussed
- The slides
- A transcript
- An mp3 download if you only want to listen
Right now, the course is freely accessible to anyone. We may eventually put it behind a membership wall, but Rainmaker customers like you will always have free access to it.
The big idea here is to walk you through — step-by-step and with detailed tutorials — how to perform the most important tasks as you build your Rainmaker website. We want you to maximize your investment in Rainmaker, so we’re investing in you with this weekly training.
Plus … it’s fun!
And I always end up learning something new that I can apply to my own Rainmaker websites.
Rainmaker Site Building Roadmap: Upcoming Schedule
The next six weeks of webinars are already scheduled and ready for you to register:
- [March 1] Q&A:Rainmaker Design Settings with Rafal Tomal
- [March 8] Webinar:How to Set Up and Manage Your Rainmaker Blog
- [March 16] Q&A:Setting Up and Managing Your Rainmaker Blog
- [March 23] Webinar:How to Use Rainmaker to Turn Blog Traffic Into Subscribers
- [March 30] Q&A:Using Rainmaker to Turn Blog Traffic Into Subscribers
Click the links for descriptions of what we will discuss during each session. Then register so you don’t miss any of them.
Finally … did you know these resources are available?
And while we’re on the topic of helpful resources, did you know that there is a treasure trove of existing webinars that may be able to help you answer a burning question or two (or ten) right now?
First, I’ll direct your attention to the webinar series that Brian Clark and I did last year: Learn Essential Digital Marketing and Sales Strategies
Each session featured a discussion of strategy, followed by a detailed tutorial about how to execute the strategy with Rainmaker.
- Build an Email List That Builds Your Business
- A Podcast Strategy That Attracts Attention and Builds Your Content Arsenal
- Create a Website Experience that Converts with Free Downloads, Courses, and Member Areas
- Build a Business Around Paid Courses and Membership Sites
- Make Your Content Adaptive with Marketing Automation
- Unleash the “Hidden” Features of the Rainmaker Platform
Second, I will direct your attention to the video lessons available inside of the Knowledge Base, which are easy to overlook.
- Simple Strategies for Successful Membership Sites
- Product Setup Success Secrets
- How to Craft Winning Landing Pages
- Setting Up a Top-Notch Affiliate Program
- Get Inspired! Rainmaker Owners Showcase Their Sites
To locate these webinars, follow these four simple steps:
- Visit the Knowledge Base (Click the link in the Help tab, or append the URL of your Rainmaker website with this: /admin/admin.php?page=rm_kb)
- Scroll down
- Locate the section titled “Webinars”
- Click on a webinar to watch it or click the “More … “ button to see all existing Rainmaker webinars
We won’t stop creating new educational resources until every question is answered. Considering the consistent rollouts of new features, that is likely to be … never. 😉
And as you can see, the resources are already starting to add up.
That’s why I wanted to take a step to the side this month and focus on helping you get the help and education you need to make the most of Rainmaker, rather than touting upcoming new features.
They’re coming. That’s a given. But what’s most important right now is that you feel comfortable making the most of everything Rainmaker can already do.
Hope to see you at an upcoming webinar!