Note: This is the second of three core lessons related to content curation based on a case study of my new email newsletter Further. You can listen to the first episode here: Position Your Content Curation for Success With These 5 Essential Elements.
A key aspect of last week’s episode was identifying the purpose of any smart content curation project – audience building. Specifically, building an audience asset in the form of an email list.
This week we’re focusing exactly on that essential element. After smartly positioning your curation project, you want to do everything you can to optimize your initial sign-up conversion rate before you invest serious time and money in driving traffic.
In this 34-minute episode Robert Bruce and I reveal:
- Why traffic alone isn’t enough to build an audience
- My overall content architecture for Further.net
- Whether the “How To” headline is losing effectiveness
- The stupidly simple way to get your newsletter shared
- The origin of the modern social share button
- An unorthodox publishing approach that works
- How Copyblogger achieved a 400% increase in email signups
- How to create an unbelievably effective ethical “bribe” for subscribers
Listen to Rainmaker.FM Episode No. 25 below …
The Show Notes
- Further home page
- Further current issue
- Marketing Sherpa: Copyblogger’s email list grows by 400% using “free paywall”
- My Copyblogger
- David Siteman Garland on the Infinite Scalability of Online Courses
- The Best Damn Copywriting Advice I’ve Found
*Rainmaker.FM is brought to you by the Rainmaker Platform, the complete website solution for content marketers and Internet entrepreneurs.